CREATIVE WAYS TO PROPOSE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
You guys, if you’re someone who loves the holidays, is totally in love, and you can’t imagine spending the rest of your life without your partner, I hate to be the one to break it to you but… it’s time to propose.
SERIOUSLY! —You know what they say, “There’s no better time than the present, especially when the present is the holiday season.” Someone is probably getting that tattooed on their lower back right now.
If you’re worried about it being a cliché move to get engaged this time of year, trust us, just get over yourself. This is actually THE MOST romantic time to make “this thing” official, and you’re already miles ahead planning your proposal thanks to the extra natural sprinkling of holiday magic that’s already happening.
There are a few ways you can go about this. You can go a classic route, give em the ol’ bait and switch, or pull out all of the stops. We’ve put together a few proposal ideas to get you started, but feel free to combine options, mix and match ideas, or totally make up your own! (Just let us know how it goes, so we can add it to our list next year.)
Here are a few creative ways to propose this holiday season.
1) Hide the ring in their favorite food: Just be sure you don’t lose it! You can stuff it into the bottom of a chocolate chip cookie or ask your family to help you hide in the casserole, (and make sure they all know where it is!) Be sure to closely monitor your partner while they nom away… no telling when you’ll get that ring back if they accidentally swallow it!
2) Put the ring in their stocking for a big surprise Christmas morning. When everyone else is opening up gum, socks, and dollar scratch-offs in their stockings, your Santa baby is getting DIAMONDS. (Or gold, or silver, or something fancy we don’t know about… you get the idea.)
3) Pop the question underneath the mistletoe, just make sure someone is there to capture the totally gram-able moment!
1) Do the ol’ there’s-actually-a-very-tiny-present-in-this-very-giant-box bit. You simply place the ring at the bottom of a vacuum sized package, or have your partner open up a box, within a box, within a box, until there are no more boxes left and just one glorious engagement ring.
2) Propose the night BEFORE you leave for your holiday travels, or better yet — aim for December 23rd! This way, if they’re expecting this might be coming, they’ll likely anticipate it happening on the big days like Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Bonus, you get to arrive to your family’s house with one gift already opened, a new daughter or son-in-law!
3) Buy them something they really really wanted, (like a puppy! A car! That expensive baking blender this Kris Jenner loves!), and attach the ring to it. They’ll think, “Wow, this is the big one!” But SURPRISE, it’s TWO big ones!
1) Hire a bunch of Christmas carolers to arrive at their door and rewrite their name and the words “Will you marry me?” into a bunch of holiday classics. For example,
2) Something with ~*LIGHTS*~. I don’t know, we’re just spit balling here, but you could probably do something a la Clark Griswold and ask them via LED’s.
3) Create a video with an epic build up of suspense, and feature every family member and friend you’ve ever met or known. At the end, zoom in on your own, earnest face and say, “This was a lot of work. I hope you’ll marry me.”
Next step, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to talk over how to ring in new year with an awesome elopement for you and your new fiancé!